As my artist's statement explains, my work is utterly incomprehensible and is therefore full of deep significance. -- Calvin and Hobbes

Monday, October 13, 2008

Turn off the fu@*ing news!

Watch your thoughts, they become words.
Watch your words, they become actions.
Watch your actions, they become habits.
Watch your habits, they become your character.
Watch your character, it becomes your destiny.
-Unknown

Hello Everyone!

I am so freakin' sick of negative press! This will be my one and only chime in on this fu@*ed up subject!

I don't have to let other's opinion of the dismal economy affect my outlook. I found that I was so much happier when I wasn't watching the news telling me how to feel and act; once I started paying attention, I got depressed.

Turning off the news for a couple of days will improve your outlook on life!

We are drones living in a world waiting for ratings tramps to tell us how to behave, and this is exactly why we're in a crisis. We ran out of gas in Atlanta because people panicked...a result of the news telling us to panic!

Stop listening to all that crap about how it's so horrible out there, and tell people around you to kindly stop talking about it! IT'S SO NEGATIVE AND HARMFUL!

CHATTING ABOUT THE BAD ECONOMY IS NOT LIKE CHATTING ABOUT THE WEATHER!

For God's Sake and Everyone, find something beautiful to talk about!

(Above, one right thing the news has done this week!)

I hope you all are doing well and selling your art!

Regards, Rebecca

Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. I could not agree with you more on the useless news.

    This is a very cute photo. However, if you had attended the school for deaf chimps as I did, you could read chimp lips. "Hey mom, look what I caught for dinner!"

    ReplyDelete

Have something nice to say? Put 'er there!

Things to Ponder

Don't pay any attention to what they write about you. Just measure it in inches. -Andy Warhol

We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.
-Walt Disney
Follow smellyrhino on Twitter

Followers