As my artist's statement explains, my work is utterly incomprehensible and is therefore full of deep significance. -- Calvin and Hobbes

Sunday, November 9, 2008

A perfect pile of leaves...diversity in nature!


I was out on the deck, puppies sniffing around the yard, just checking out the beautiful fall day, and at my feet I spotted a perfect little pile of leaves. So naturally, I painted them!

I thought the wood would be much harder to paint, but since I've been working a bit with painting wood grains, the leaves turned out to be more of a challenge.

Medium: Watercolor on 140# stock
Size: 2.5" x 3.5"

There's so much diversity in nature. Hmmmm.
A great thing happened this week...

Change is good in leaves. Without it, we would miss so much of the beauty of our world with the constant reminders of the evolution of a season. The old leaves take their bow and proudly cascade down to make way for the new. Nature renews itself in a natural cycle, and the young buds appreciate the contribution that the old leaves made to the tree, but it is, after all, the most important task of the old leaves to retreat in order to fulfill the promises to their future generations of leaves. And, of course, we must remember that the cycle of the leaf is completely dependent upon the strength of the foundation that forges it's growth...good roots!

Ok, what I meant was, "YIPPEE!! OBAMA Won!!"
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something nice to say? Put 'er there!

Things to Ponder

Don't pay any attention to what they write about you. Just measure it in inches. -Andy Warhol

We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.
-Walt Disney
Follow smellyrhino on Twitter

Followers