As my artist's statement explains, my work is utterly incomprehensible and is therefore full of deep significance. -- Calvin and Hobbes

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Butters got adopted!!

Butters, (photo slightly edited for happy emphasis)

Today, I did my happy dance for hours!

I happened to be working with a new client whose dog reminds me of Butters, the dog I found in our neighborhood back in November. I hadn't checked the Mostly Mutts sight in a while, but over the past 7 months, I had checked so many times, holding my breath, praying his little mug shot would no longer be in the "waiting to be adopted" file. My heart was heavy. How I wish we could have kept him here with our two dogs. I knew someone was looking for him...someone who didn't know him yet...I always held hope that his turn would be very soon.

Well, today I saw that the little fella had found his forever home on June 18th, at least that's when the picture was taken!

My heart feels light again. I shed a few tears of joy and then hugged my own spoiled lounge lizards. Once again, I will do my best to help the next dog who crosses my path.

I don't think I know you, Kathy, but I want to thank you for loving him, whatever his name might be now.


Here's the original post from last year when I found Butters: The Case of the Runaway Jackabee

*sigh*
Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Have something nice to say? Put 'er there!

Things to Ponder

Don't pay any attention to what they write about you. Just measure it in inches. -Andy Warhol

We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.
-Walt Disney
Follow smellyrhino on Twitter

Followers