As my artist's statement explains, my work is utterly incomprehensible and is therefore full of deep significance. -- Calvin and Hobbes

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Dinner and a movie


Dinner at Casa Grande in Atlanta

Eric took me to Uncle Julios's Casa Grande for my birthday dinner. If you like Tex-Mex, this is the best place in Atlanta. The best tamales in town, an actual chile relleno, instead of fried cheese covered in ground beef, which is the usual crap you see around here. The Frijole Charros are out of this world!

We saw Thor afterwards and I give it 3 thumbs...wait a second..two thumbs up! If you like superhero movies or comic book characters, this one is worth seeing!


Juanita's Platter. mmmmm. Leftovers are good for lunch tomorrow.

Oh, by the way, did I mention that the very best margarita in Atlanta is also at Casa Grande? Made from fresh ingredients and premium tequilas, you will be hooked!!

Uncle Julios Casa Grande, with locations in Atlanta, Virginia, Florida, Illinois, and Texas, is worth the trip.
Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. Good grief that's a lot of food! Looks delicious, and i wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY (belated, of course!). It's great being 29, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! You already wished me happy birthday, Care. I posted this pic long after it had passed, as I was teaching a new group how to set up their blog.

    ReplyDelete

Have something nice to say? Put 'er there!

Things to Ponder

Don't pay any attention to what they write about you. Just measure it in inches. -Andy Warhol

We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.
-Walt Disney
Follow smellyrhino on Twitter

Followers