As my artist's statement explains, my work is utterly incomprehensible and is therefore full of deep significance. -- Calvin and Hobbes

Saturday, April 4, 2015

..a pretty rock!

"Look, Mommy!"
5x7", acrylic on wood panel

When I was little, I used to badger my Mother constantly, "MOMMY, MOM, Mamma! MOM! Mom! Mom! MOMMY! Mawmy! momma!" -you get the idea. I can imagine the delight that a parent experiences when a child first discovers that their hands can smash things, like food, that expensive delicate flowers break easily, that china shatters in the neatest patterns, that utensils make cool noises when they hit the floor, that markers work great on walls, and furniture.  This painting wasn't inspired by any of those experiences, it was just a simple discovery.. "Look, Mommy! ..a pretty rock!"  "Yes, that IS a pretty rock! Let's take it home and get it wet!" That's what I did with my Mommy, anyway.

Have a nice evening,
Rebecca
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something nice to say? Put 'er there!

Things to Ponder

Don't pay any attention to what they write about you. Just measure it in inches. -Andy Warhol

We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.
-Walt Disney
Follow smellyrhino on Twitter

Followers